Release of Baby Turtles Laguna Tres Palos in Acapulco
, Boat Rides
, Nature and Landscapes
, Flora, wildlife observation
What will you do: Enjoy a 1-hour boat ride to see the flora and fauna. Take part in a baby turtle release ceremony. Savor Pescado a la Talla, charcoal chicken or Mexican cuisine for lunch Visit an Afro-Mexican town You will be visiting: Acapulco de Juárez Departure time: 10:00 a.m. Return time: 4:00 p.m.
- Boat rides
- Flora, wildlife observation
- Guided visits
What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes
- Duration: 6 hours
- Meeting point: Pick up at accommodation in Acapulco.
- Days of operation: from Monday to Sunday
ITINERARY: Day: 1
Start of the tour
- Upon arrival at Tres Palos Lagoon , you will board a private, typical speedboat to begin an impressive exploration of the lagoon, where many exotic species of tropical birds call this sanctuary home. See mangrove tunnels, a natural floating wildflower garden, visit a turtle conservation camp, adopt a baby turtle, release it into the ocean, and much more.
- Your tour will depart directly from your hotel lobby, where your friendly, fun, and knowledgeable tour guide will pick you up with a sign with your name written on it.
- The tour will head south along the coast en route to Laguna Tres Palos, approximately 45 minutes from your hotel. Before arriving there, the tour will make a stop at the Sea Turtle Conservation Camp , where, after being explained its mission to preserve this endangered species, it will proceed to a release of baby turtles.
- Upon arrival at the lagoon, you will board a typical speedboat for a cruise of no less than 1 hour across the lagoon. This sanctuary will be home to many species of exotic birds.
- See mangrove tunnels, pristine lagoons, and a natural wildflower garden during your cruise. This will be a rare opportunity to explore this type of tropical nature reserve. Start your tour admiring the mango trees, coconut palms, and palm groves, as well as the delicate water hyacinths that float along the shores. There will also be a bird sanctuary with gray and white herons, pelicans, marabos, storks and more.
- After the ride in the lagoon, go to lunch where you will savor the internationally famous Pescado a la Talla, charcoal chicken or Mexican cuisine (Fish a la Talla has become a must for the Mexican tourist in Acapulco).
- After lunch, take a walk along the lagoon side or go to the ocean beach, which will be just a short distance away.
- lunch and drink
- 1 hour boat ride
- Bottled water
- Coco Loco
- English speaking guide
- Air-conditioned transport
When should I book?
To guarantee availability book as soon as possible. Early booking is worth consideration especially if you planning the trip during high season like public holidays or weekends.
This excursion you can cancel with no cost up to 48 hours before the start of the trip. If you cancel it after 48 hours or not show up on the excursion you will still be charged the full price of the activity. Being late on pick-up or departure will be considered as not showing up.