From Auckland: Hobbiton Afternoon Tour
Country: New Zealand
This tour starts later than most (at 12:00 PM) from Auckland. Travel to and from Hobbiton on a luxury mini bus and join a group tour of Hobbiton for the iconic walking tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set. Guaranteed daily departure once your tour is confirmed.
This tour has a guaranteed departure and is not cancelled on the rare occasions it has low numbers. The tour will travel for one person.
This tour starts later than most (at 12:00 PM) - with hotel pickups from 11:30 AM. After leaving Auckland, travel through the Waikato region, which is well known for cattle and dairy farming. You will also pass some sheep farms on your way to Hobbiton.
On arrival at Hobbiton you will have time get something to eat (own expense) or explore the Shires Rest Souvenir shop before joining Hobbiton Tours for a group walking tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set including a complementary drink at the Green Dragon before boarding the coach to return to Auckland.
- Travel through the Waikato region, which is well known for cattle and dairy farming
- Take a walking tour of the Hobbiton Movie set with a local Hobbiton guide
- Benefit from return transport to Auckland included
• Please advise if you have mobility issues so the supplier can try to arrange transport in a golf cart at Hobbiton (this cannot be guaranteed)
• You should wear sunscreen during the summer - NZ have some of the highest UV level in the world
• Hobbiton has uneven non paved ground - wear shoes you can walk in
All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
You must keep social distance while in vehicles
Free pickup from all central city hotels and accommodation and can arrange for a shuttle collect you from out of city center locations for a small fee.
Please wait at the entrance or outside your accommodation at least 10 minutes before your specified pickup time.
Please supply a working phone number in case they cannot find you.
When should I book?
To guarantee availability book as soon as possible. Early booking is worth consideration especially if you planning the trip during high season like public holidays or weekends.
This excursion you can cancel with no cost up to 48 hours before the start of the trip. If you cancel it after 48 hours or not show up on the excursion you will still be charged the full price of the activity. Being late on pick-up or departure will be considered as not showing up.